Photo by Steve Holden. MORE LIKE THIS!
No big change for us on the COVD-19 front. We continue to be vigilant and focused: #wear_a_mask; #wash_your_hands, #social_distance, and #stay_home_if_sick. The good news is that Christy's school as been able to go back to teaching kids in person with a host of safe guards which is a blessing and an answer to prayer.
Tour de France 2020. Who doesn't want to watch 4 to 5 hours nearly every day during September seeing some of the best athletes in the world do what most people would consider completely impossible? I am all in. I am watching via NBC Sports via YouTube TV.
My candidate for President of the United States in 2020 is Jo Jorgensen (#letherspeak, #letherdebate). While I don't agree with everything she is advocating, she is in my humble opinion the best option for a President Of The United States who believes in and will fight for:
- right to life, liberty, & the pursuit of happiness
- right to keep & bear arms
- right to live where you choose & how you chose
- right to privacy
- right to worship how, when, & where you choose
- right to be treated equally under the law
OTHER THINGS THAT ARE GOING WELL
- The PodCraft Beer Show just had episode 7 and next week is episode 8. I have had some super spectacular craft beers that have blown my palette away. As a craft beer fan I have actually realized how much I've missed by not paying attention to the special releases that many breweries do and I had no clue how amazing they are.
- I am still playing D&D every week or so with friends from high school. It is frankly one of the best unattended consequences of COVID-19 for me.
- I am still loving my water-proof MP3 player -- AfterShokz Black Diamond Xtrainerz.
- We were able to camp at San Elijo State Beach in August which was awesome ...
EXPERIMENTING WITH MEDITATION
The book "10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found a Self-Help That Actually Works"
By: Dan Harris (#meditation) got me to do a little experiment over the last month since finishing the book. I've been doing five minutes of unguided meditation using the Apple iOS app Oak from Kevin Rose before I stretch in the morning. Nothing bad has happened (Ha Ha!) I actually now think a little "mind exercise" is a good thing. My monkey mind is strong! More updates as time goes on.
If you are interested in guided meditations, then the only examples I've had experience with are Mike Foster's Guided Meditations. The Oak app has them but I haven't used them before.
TECHNOLOGY, TIPS, & SUGGESTIONS
I have just started using this new Google Chrome browser feature for organizing tabs. So far it is an awesome new feature.
This what I've been listening to on Audible (you can try Audible for free for 30-days and get two free books if you want). Over the last month:
I am currently doing all my Audible listening on my cell phone Samsung Galaxy S10+.
I also managed to finish a few Kindle books (I am currently using a Kindle Paperwhite for nearly all my reading):
One of my "newer" (I've heard in the past that this isn't a word, but I still use it all the time) favorite bands is Lo Moon. They opened last year for several shows that the CHVRCHES did, and I'm super impressed with them. I recently bought their album Lo Moon on Amazon so I could load the MP3s on my AfterShokz Black Diamond Xtrainerz as I really wanted to listen to them while swimming. Other specific albums I listen to frequently while swimming are: CHVRCHES (Bones of What You Believe, Every Open Eye, Love Is Dead) and Maggie Rogers (Heard It In A Past Life). I will also drag a lot of 80s New Wave to a folder for 'random' mode listening.
Def Con (the yearly hacker conference I've been going to since #18) was completely virtual this year. A ton of solid cybersecurity content is readily available if you are interested.
QUOTE I'M THINKING ABOUT
"We are what we repeatedly do, therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit." - Aristotle