Back in the day the David Allen Company would sell physical products like planners, file folder systems, inboxes, etc. One of the last things I bought from them before they stopped selling physical products was their ORANGE mesh travel folder system.
- IN - Your mobile inbox just like in your office at home and work.
- TO OFFICE - Items that need to get back to your office.
- TO HOME - Items that need to get back to your home.
- ACTION SUPPORT - Anything that you currently physically need to complete PROJECTS or NEXT ACTIONS.
- WAITING FOR SUPPORT - Physical items or reminder notes of items you are waiting for someone else to complete.
- READ/REVIEW - Items you want to read or review while being mobile.
Based on my needs, I have added two additional folders:
- REFERENCES - Key references I want to have with me while mobile. For instance physical copies of the GTD Mastering Workflow Series Methodology Guides.
- CALENDARS/CONTRACTS - Print out of key yearly work and family/school calendars. And then a select list of phone numbers and emails I might need to reference if I don't have my phone.
These could be duplicated today with a good label printer and quality plastic file folders.