Tuesday, June 18, 2019
We arrived in Rome late in the afternoon on Monday (June 17, 2019) and made it to our AirBNB via a reserved driver. This worked out great as our time in Rome was actually the shortest overall at this point. The driver was waiting for us as we left the luggage area and drove us straight to the AirBNB.
Here are some pictures of our AirBNB. I would recommend staying there again. The location was good and it had a good kitchen and sleeping arrangements for us.
We did a walking tour the evening we arrived. And then had dinner.
Our second day Tuesday (June 18, 2019) consisted of the following events:
- Seeing the outside of the Vatican
- Walking to the Vatican and then to the Colosseum
- Pictures around the Colosseum
- And more walking in Rome
- Dinner in Rome (2nd Night)
On Wednesday morning we got up pretty early and made our way to the airport again using a reserved driver. We had a relatively early flight to Amsterdam and we had read things could be problematic at the Rome airport. In our case it was not a problem getting through security, and things went very smoothly getting to our gate. We had time for breakfast and some shopping at the airport.
Some other thoughts about Rome:
- Walking around was very easy with Google maps.
- No scooters.
- The main events - Vatican, Colosseum, etc. -- had no tickets available at the last minute.
- There is no way you could get me to drive in Rome. Crazy!
- There seems to be amazing history around every corner.