I just finished reading some of the latest coverage, analayis, and recommendations at:
- Google Reader is dying, but we have five worthy alternatives (CNET)
- Five Best Google Reader Alternatives (Lifehacker)
- The Economist on the end of Google Reader
- PC Magazine's interview with Dave Winer
- Seven Google Reader Alterantives (Mashable)
At this point I don't have a good solution recommendation for myself or others that like what they have currently in Google Reader. I'll be check options out over the next month or so. I don't have a huge sense of urgency as there is still time to make a discriminating decision.
Things I liked about Google Reader:
- mostly text-based outline views;
- can view content & sync in browser, iPad, & Nexus 7;
- simple to add & delete feeds;
- search through all my feeds;
- can organize feeds in folders;
- easy to mark folders read;
- see only new posts;
- star/mark posts for future reference; and
- easy to share what I find interesting.
If you have a good recommendation then please let me know.
UPDATE (7/10/2013): I decided on Feedly. It works well via the Web and on Andriod. I've had no issues and would recommend it if you need an RSS reader.