I've always wanted digital photo/picture frames to become more mainstream. It seemed so logical to me.
It looks like prices are really dropping and they aren't requiring those silly subscription service models. Here is a summary of some ads I saw in the Sunday paper:
- Linens-N-Things: $99.99 with a 5.6" LCD screen, works with digital media cards (#NV-560, LNT.COM, #18976001)
- Best Buy: Westinghouse 8" LCD Screen for $229.99
- Ritz Camera: PhotoShare 7" LCD; supports Mac&PC downloads or memory card for $99.99
- Ritz Camera: 7" Digital Photo Frame with MP3 player (built-in speakers, earphone jack, video output, plus remote control) for $199.99. Also supports media cards like: SD, MMC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Microdrive, and CF Memory
- CompUSA.com: 8" Memoryvue Digital Photo Frame for $199.99 (after rebates). Supports CF, SD, MMC, and Memory Stick cards. Also plays MP3s.
An alternative should be noted that if you are going to spend ~$200, you might want to pick up a Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP). They are now selling for $199.99. It seems to be the biggest bang for $200 out there.