I was about 30 minutes down a rabbit trail that was derailing my David Allen's Getting Weekly Review when I ran into this article that I pulled out of Global Services Media back in March 2006, and since this relates to a #1 crisis currently at work I came over to my computer to type in the URLs into my task list.
Then I thought, since I'm already chasing rabbits, lets make a blog post.
Some open source tools for project management to check out:
- Dot project (dotproject.net): web-based project mgmt
- Netoffice (netoffice.sourceforge.net): dashboard type project mgmt tool [looks like this one may have died]
- Eventum (dev.mysql.com/downloads/other/eventum): bug and issue tracker
- Bonita (bonita.objectweb.org): workflow system
- Subversion (subversion.tigris.org): version control for code and docs
- Mailman (gnu.org/software/mailman): for sending out mailing list emails and archives
There are probably now a ton of other options. If you have suggestions, then let me know.
But now is the time for the end of this rabbit trail ...