Below I have a link to an Adobe PDF of my personal notes from attending Willow Creek Association's Leadership Summit 2014 this past week. I was not able to attend in person, but I did attend via video broadcast with my church at Journey Community Church in La Mesa, CA.
Here are few take aways:
- Leadership requires a commitment to a constant and dedicated learning process that never ends.
- Leadership is not management. If you want to be a better manager, then check out: www.manager-tools.com.
- Successful deployment of strategies and vision require teams, and teams require multifaceted leadership skills/abilities/traits (for instance: humility, vulnerability, trust, truth, honesty, integrity).
- Sometimes you just need to "figure it out."
- Michael Jr is very funny.
Next year's conference is August 6-7, 2015. If you get a chance, then I highly recommend you attend if you are in a leadership position. I probably won't be able to attend as next year's DEFCON is August 7-9, 2015.
Here is the link to the PDF. Let me know if you have any questions, comments, corrections, etc.