The following is a list of food & dinning out review sites from an article in the Wall Street Journal published on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2007:
- Eater.com: Focus on NYC, LA, and San Francisco
- Chow.com: Includes recipes
- eGullet.org: Includes news
- Yelp.com: Covers many large metro-areas
- Tablehopper.com: Marcia Gagliard's take on San Francisco
- Amateurgourmet.com: Adam Robert's take on New York City
- Restaurantgirl.com: Danyelle Freeman's take on New York City
- Citysearch.com: Nationwide coverage
The other interesting thing from this article was that restaurants are now giving away meals to bloggers in the hopes of a good review.
So far according to the article it appears to be paying off with good rankings but bloggers that aren't transparent are playing with fire.